Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Missy's day at the International Builders Show

I cautiously entered the exhibit hall and was immediately drawn to the Sears Commercial booth. I found Susie, from Dacor kitchen appliances, joyfully preparing grilled chicken salad with what she called “the best dressing ever”. She noted that it can be used as a marinade too. Susie’s amazing kitchen display was surrounded by big screen TVs, exercise equipment, Kenmore appliances and even water filtration systems.

I saw the Pink Panther at the Owens Corning Booth and put my feet up by the fire at the Heatilator booth. Our friends at Fireplace Distributors of Nevada are a local distributor of these super cool fireplaces.

As I wandered on, feeling warm and sleepy from the fire, I thought about hoping into a jetted tub at the front of the Kohler booth. Probably not a good idea!

Sounds of hammering, sawing and power tools I cannot identify, filled the air as thousands of building professionals made their way through the maze of enticing displays.

Windows and doors and flooring...oh my! For those of us that get overwhelmed in the aisles of Home Depot or Lowes, it was building supply overload!

Tomorrow, I plan to take a tour of the 'green' home that is built inside the convention center!

View all of my IBS photos on Flickr.

Missy Hinton

No comments:

Post a Comment